Thursday 22 May 2014

Super similes and metaphors

Room I are learning about similes and metaphors. We had to choose a theme and write similes and metaphors about our theme. We also had to tie our senses into it. Eg: The playground: the children screeched like monkeys. 
 Here is an poem of similes and metaphors from Samuel.
Posted by Taylah 
Trail Riding
The forest is as quiet as a mouse until I give my motorbike a sharp kick and it roars to life like an angry lion.
Petrol fumes invade my nostrils I release the clutch, open the throttle and take off like a fighter jet. I ride as quick as lightning 
A tree jumps into my path. I hit it SMACK!!
I roll like a rugby ball.
Gritty sand fills my mouth and pine needles as sharp as broken glass stab at me.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Samuel!
    This is a fantastic example. Well written, I can picture it in my head.

    ReplyDelete